Friday 26 July 2013

First Zolodex injection....... done!

As most of you know, I was diagnosed with severe stage Endometriosis at 20. Since then, I've had 4 operations and my Gynaecologist suggested putting my body into a temporary early menopause. Naturally, this terrified me. An early menopause at just 22? Surely not. As a recovering anorexic, the idea of this injection distressed me greatly and I've been putting it off for nearly 5 months due to fears of the treatment causing weight gain. However, today, I agreed to have it done. I'm not going to lie, it really did hurt but I am, quite proud of myself that I was brave enough to give it a try.

The Endometriosis causes me to have constant pain and living with this pain is no life. I don't want to be dosed up on codeine based pain killers the rest of my life. I've had to put my health first and try and fight the fears about possible weight gain. It's not only the weight gain that worries me. This treatment will trick my body into thinking it's in a menopause and I'm going to experience the side effects of going through a menopause. I have to try and be brave. I am so lucky that I have an amazing family to help me through this.

Maybe this is the first step to having a life again? I can only hope

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerry, really hope this works for you. I used the same drug after years of pain, I seem to remember also taking HRT at the same time! Love your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete